Friday, January 26, 2007

BERLIN: Long Day Part 3--The Reichstag

The Reichstag at sunset. The next pictures are from the glass dome and from the roof upon which the dome rests.


This impressive structure is the central column of the Reichstag's glass dome. The mirrors at the top of the image hold subdivided views of me taking the photo (click to see more clearly). The bottom of the photo shows the sun's low position. Daylight hours seemed extremely short during my visit.







I love this picture: old green oxidizing metal, silver new metal, yellow and brown stone, and the ever-present construction cranes.


Here is a picture of me up there with the tower at Alexanderpl. in the background. Notice the fashionable orange admission sticker from another attraction still on my shirt. Classy.

No comments: