Saturday, January 27, 2007

BERLIN: Museum, Market & Music

I started this day in the Jewish Museum, which I've posted about already. In the afternoon, I went to this wonderful outdoor market with Andrea, an American studying sustainable transportation in Germany. We bought an assortment of olives, cheese, spreads, and dried fruit and had a delicious picnic by the water. Those who know me well will not be surprised to learn that I also bought some spicy paprika paste to put on everything.


In the evening, I headed over to the Philharmonie to see a performance. They have special same-day student pricing (standing in the back) for 7 euros. However, I splurged for a seat in the nose-bleed section for 15 euros. Although not familiar with either composer, Dutillieux or Tschaikowsky, I enjoyed both pieces.

No comments: