Wednesday, January 24, 2007

RAMAT HASHARON: Arrival in Israel

I'm living in Ramat HaSharon, a suburb north of Tel Aviv with the extremely generous family of my friends Michal & Ido. I just opened a bank account here (a bit of a painful process) and got a cell phone (same pain). With any luck, I'll move into my new apartment in the Florentin district on February 1st. This area of the city feels a bit like the lower east side of NYC, perhaps even a bit grittier.

I have more photos from Berlin and a few from Tel Aviv to add. Unfortunately, my camera broke so there may be a delay in getting fresh images of Israel. Luckily though, I purchased an international 5-year warranty. Yes, occasionally I do something smart!

Here is the only picture of me on the blog so far. Somebody in a club snapped the picture and posted it on an Israeli music site. I actually did some dancing that night, although I appear attached to the wall here.

2 comments:

Dan said...

You may look like a wallflower, but a very hip one! Thanks for sharing your journeys!

Claire said...

Nice pictures! They're making me want to go to Berlin now.

Looking at your profile and seeing "social movements" reminded me of being on the Metro in Paris. They would make announcements on a fairly regular basis saying "Due to a social movement, the service is [lightly/somewhat/severely] disrupted" and I'd think, damn, society may be moving, but I'm apparently not going anywhere today.